About Me

My photo
Hi, I am Gera the creator of BrownSkinBeauties. This blog is a lifestyle blog its not just fashion, beauty, hair, love, or celebs its any and everything in between that I see in my daily life. contact me bsbbeauties@gmail.com www.brownskin-beauties.com COMING SOON pls follow us on twitter.com/bsbbeauties or visit myspace.com/brownskinbeauties or become a fan on fb! Always BSB

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

BEING GREEN AIN'T EASY BUT SOMEBODY GOT TO DO IT!


OK I am trying to reduce my carbon footprint and to be totally honest its HARD! Hard like trying to be a diet and your mother cooking up her world famous fried chicken. Hard like trying to stick to a budget but you catch these GUCCI shoes you've been waiting and now their only $200 when they use to be 400! Hard like going into Target with a list but resisting the urge to buy everything you "think" you need. Hard like laying in the bed with Trey Songz after you just made a commitment to GOD that you'll be celibate. Ummm...Jesus can I start my celibacy tomorrow? LOL

So you get my drift. I live in a apartment complex so my options to be green are limited. They don't even recycle here. But I am going to get my Rosa Parks and get a recycling program ASAP! I cant compost because I don't have a backyard. So I try to limit my usage of plastic and paper goods. And its HELL! Even though you save trees and money you are washing dishes and cloths all the time and its irking. I have cloth napkins, dish towels, plates, and silverware that I am constantly cleaning. Because I am trying to retire paper and plastic goods. Ugh.. But in the words of my brother Kyle, "I rather fight lions then wash dishes!" And that's how I feel now. Being green isn't easy but we gotta do it. TO BE CONTINUED...

Always BSB,
Miss BSB

No comments:

Post a Comment