About Me

My photo
Hi, I am Gera the creator of BrownSkinBeauties. This blog is a lifestyle blog its not just fashion, beauty, hair, love, or celebs its any and everything in between that I see in my daily life. contact me bsbbeauties@gmail.com www.brownskin-beauties.com COMING SOON pls follow us on twitter.com/bsbbeauties or visit myspace.com/brownskinbeauties or become a fan on fb! Always BSB

Friday, March 5, 2010

COMPLEXION OBSESSION:NEW DOCUMENTARY

I went to one of my fav webistes worldstarhiphop.com and I seen this video. I would like for you to watch it and tell me your opinion. I only have a few thoughts:

1. Why ask a light/exotic/mixed woman do she see a diff in light vs dark? Of course she won't because she is on the good side of this craziness. She will never see or understand the color complex because she is not affected. (all lighter models said they don't think it exist) People can try to play me with that personality crap etc but we are physical beings. We know what we like and we have our thoughts on what is attractive and unfortunately being "brown" or non-black is not perceived as being as beautiful as some other women.

2. In 2010 , are we really still picking the white doll cmon people! Is it that serious? Now mind you she got a black bratz doll and they are scary. LOL But for everyone in the documentary to pick the white doll I see that as a real problem.

3. Rick Ross seriously tho? The reason you pick more Spanish and exotic women is because more show up. Whatever! On to the next one. Cassidy is right unfortunately men and women have subconsciously went with lighter counterparts because we grew up believing they were more beautiful.

4. We would not be having this discussion so much if videos would atleast show some variety. For once, please have a mix of different women and maybe black women would not continue to complain. All we see is our black male artists with damn there all light/mixed/exotic models around them. How can you not feel some type of way. Make you wonder is brown not good enough?

5. The color complex is alive and well. Just like racism is don't get fooled because Obama is in office. Some things will never change but what we can change is our attitudes. To all my Brownies don't let this affect you negatively! You are beautiful regardless of what standard of beauty is portrayed in the world.

Always BSB,
Miss BSB

">

No comments:

Post a Comment