About Me

My photo
Hi, I am Gera the creator of BrownSkinBeauties. This blog is a lifestyle blog its not just fashion, beauty, hair, love, or celebs its any and everything in between that I see in my daily life. contact me bsbbeauties@gmail.com www.brownskin-beauties.com COMING SOON pls follow us on twitter.com/bsbbeauties or visit myspace.com/brownskinbeauties or become a fan on fb! Always BSB

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

"Your Pretty to be Dark-Skinned" is NOT A COMPLIMENT!!




Being a brownie I have heard this on more than one occasion and it always leaves me with a bad feeling. WHY? Because it makes me wonder, "Why am I pretty to be dark-skinned?" As if, being brown was an automatic cause for being ugly or unattractive. Is every lightskin girl pretty? No. Is every white woman, Asian, Puerto Rican, Indian etc, woman attractive? No. neither is every brownie but we are all beautiful in our own ways. There is someone that will be attracted to each of our own beauty.

All brownies are not unattractive! We all are unique and you can't judge us based on one view. Look at Michelle Obama, Naomi Campbell, Nia Long, Jessica White, Chilli, Reagon Gomez, Iman, Beverley Johnson, Kenya Moore, Carla Campbelll, Tatanya Ali, Keisha Knight- Pulliam, Gabrielle Union, Kelly Rowland etc., and all the non-famous brownies who walk the streets everyday. So next time you see a brownie and she is attractive, just say, "You're beautiful." "You're pretty." "You are gorgeous." Nothing more. Nothing less. Not she is pretty because of our skin color but because she is just that..pretty.

Always BSB,
Miss BSB

No comments:

Post a Comment