About Me

My photo
Hi, I am Gera the creator of BrownSkinBeauties. This blog is a lifestyle blog its not just fashion, beauty, hair, love, or celebs its any and everything in between that I see in my daily life. contact me bsbbeauties@gmail.com www.brownskin-beauties.com COMING SOON pls follow us on twitter.com/bsbbeauties or visit myspace.com/brownskinbeauties or become a fan on fb! Always BSB

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

WHO YOU CALLING A BITCH????


WHO YOU CALLING A BITCH?? U-N-I-T-Y, U-N-I-T-Y THAT'S A UNITY! Now we all know that song made famous by Queen Latifah. But what happened to the anger she felt when she was disrespected by a man calling her out her name. She says, "Everytime I hear a brother call a girl a bitch or a ho/Tryna make a sister feel low/ All that has gots to go." But nowadays you don't just hear a brother call a siater a bitch or ho you hear females calling themseleves that too. Now men aren't calling a female a bitch and tryna "make her feel low" they just calling all females bitches and even the ones they love nowadays. For example, I've heard guys say "Man, I love that bitch" referring to their wife or girlfriend. Even Busta Rhymes made a song called, "I Love My Bitch" with Kelis singing on the hook. But problem is when did the word bitch become synonymous with all females? Why is the term "bitch" so popular and spoken so often?

What happen to female, girl, lady, woman, or even chick? Is these words extinct? Even on tv shows the word "bitch" is thrown around like it isn't a curse word or disrespectful to women. I remember back in the 90's I rarely heard the word "bitch" on tv. Even in my middle and high school years the word bitch wasn't used as frequently as it is now. I rarely heard it. Make you wonder where has the respect for women gone? Kat Williams says in his stand up, "I'm only calling you bitches because I don't know your name." HUH? That don't make it right. If you don't know my name ask it! Or refer to me as a female not a bitch! So if I meet your mother and I don't know her name I can be like, "Hey Ms. Bitch." Not! And for my females maybe its the female rappers like Lil Kim, Nicki Minaj & Trina who refer to themselves as the "Baddest Bitch" that we feel its ok to call ourselves and our girlfriends bitches all the time. Its not ok! If we don't respect ourselves, how can we expect respect from our men?

I am guilty of using the bitch word too. But it is so commonly used you just start to say it too. But that is no excuse because as of now I will try to retire the word bitch. It's an uglyhabit we all nee dto break. I never ever liked the word and I am constantly telling my male friends to stop calling females bitches. Because ultimately bitch is a disrespectful word. It means female dog and none of us are a dogs! So ladies lets give ourselves back some respect and try to limit the use of the word as much. And men if I can't call your mother, sister, auntie, granny, daughter, girlfriend or wive a bitch than don't call me one. If you get mad when a another man calls a female you love a bitch than that's more proof that bitch is not a good word.No matter how you try to rationalize it or make excuses for why you use the word. It's disrespectful period! So don't use it! So the next time a man or a woman calls you out ya name. Turn around channel your best impression of Queen Latifah and say, "Who you calling a bitch??" U-N-I-T-Y!!! YOU GOTTA LET THEM KNOW!!

Always BSB,
MISS BSB
">

No comments:

Post a Comment