About Me

My photo
Hi, I am Gera the creator of BrownSkinBeauties. This blog is a lifestyle blog its not just fashion, beauty, hair, love, or celebs its any and everything in between that I see in my daily life. contact me bsbbeauties@gmail.com www.brownskin-beauties.com COMING SOON pls follow us on twitter.com/bsbbeauties or visit myspace.com/brownskinbeauties or become a fan on fb! Always BSB

Thursday, December 24, 2009

ARE ATTRACTIVE BROWNSKIN WOMEN A ENDANGERED SPECIES?


Now I know you read the title and you are like she can't be serious. Well I am and I am gonna tell you why! The other day at work this guy was looking at me and I went over to introduce myself and say hello. (lets call him brownie hater) Now mind you I usually don't speak to anyone that's my Philly attitude. LOL But the way he was looking at me I had to go over there and speak to him. After, I introduced myself he told me these infamous words, "YOU'RE PRETTY TO BE DARK-SKINNED." Now this is not the first time I have heard this but why it affected me was because this guy was like 12 shades darker than me. Speaking these ignorant words to me as if we don't come from the same cloth. Like "Are you serious?" You are dark skin too! So than I asked him, "Was that suppose to be a compliment?" Brownie hater said, " Yes. I'm not usually attracted to brown women and you definitely caught my eye." Now as he continued to talk his nonsense he was staring at me as if he had never see an PRETTY BROWN SKIN GIRL in his life! Than I said, "Well why don't you like brownies?" He said,"I like light skin women I guess opposites attract. And there aren't a lot of cute brown skin girls." Was this brownie-hater serious? He was dead serious! But what hurt me was he was against women who was his complexion. I can understand a light skin man because some of them have this "hierarchy" about themselves as if they are better than dark skin people. But for a man who is BROWN like me and most likely came from a brown skin woman to be against other brown women is TERRIBLE! The self hatred in the black community is really ridiculous. You know he aint get my number! On to the next one!

But the reason why I say, "Are attractive brown skin women a endangered species?" Is because when some people meet me they look at me as if they never seen a cute brownie. Men who are usually attracted to lighter skin females when they see me they stare as if they seen rare meteor shower. They are amazed that they could be attracted to woman of my complexion. They are such in awe you can see it in their eyes. Now its just not me this happens too. I have meet other brownies who have had the same experiences and reactions from certain men. I don't think its fair that this continues to happen in 2009. Its not right that people have this pre-conceived notion that females of a certain shade are already un-attractive. How can you say all brown and dark skin women are ugly? How can you categorize all of us? Like we don't come from different parents. I mean do brownies carry an ugly gene in our DNA that I don't know about? My mind can not understand this foolishness. Just know there attractive women in all races, shades, and colors. Know that there are beautiful brown skin females in this world and we are not an endangered species. We are like roaches we everywhere! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment